Congratulations to Greta Fisher, Local and Family History Librarian at the St. Joseph County Public Library, on being named St. Joseph County Genealogist by the Indiana Genealogical Society!
In this role, Greta will serve as a liaison between researchers and St. Joseph County’s genealogical resources, making it easy for people to find the information they need. Greta’s other duties in the Local & Family History Department include:
- Helping patrons with genealogical research using print resources such as indexes, county histories, maps, and published family histories, and with microfilm resources such as newspapers
- Helping patrons use computer-based resources such as subscription databases and other accessible online tools.
- Teaching computer classes on the use of databases such as Ancestry.com, HeritageQuest, FindMyPast, Fold3, and others.
- Writing e-newsletter articles for the department.
- Leading the popular monthly Genealogy Round Table, a discussion group where patrons get the chance to ask questions and share their experiences.
- Presenting lectures on topics of local interest.
- Maintaining the St. Joseph County Obituary Index and overseeing the volunteers who make entries into this database, which currently includes over 300,000 names
You may visit Greta in St. Joseph County Public Library: Local & Family History Services or via email at email@example.com.