The South Bend Area Genealogical Society’s first president was Jeanne Denham. For over thirty years of her life, she collected quite a number of different and unique records. These records include:
- Studebaker History
- South Bend History
- Mishawaka History
- Information on the Oliver Family/Copshaholm Genealogy
- Original Mishawaka titles and deeds from the 1890’s to the 1920’s
- First Methodist History
- Presbyterian Church History
- Printed Records of Historic Mishawaka City Cemetery (established in 1838)
- Newspaper clippings from around the area
- And much MUCH more!
There are over 80 boxes that were given to the History Museum in South Bend. You can check out what are in the other boxes on the South Bend Area Genealogical Society’s webpage and read more about Jeanne in the SBAGS Quarterly Volume 41 Issue 1 (January 2016), which is available in our Members Section online!
If you’re interested in any of the boxes contents, you’ll need to call the History Museum to make an appointment to view the material or email them at email@example.com